Monday, March 11, 2019 / by Lisa Sevajian
Despite what real estate reality shows might have led you to believe, the decision to sell your home isn’t simple — and it definitely isn’t a decision that you can reach in 30 minutes. This is true even if you never really loved your property in the first place, or it’s become a daily cause of stress. Maybe the commute is awful, your neighbors live to find new ways to annoy you, or the “fixer upper” kitchen is still an avocado-colored nightmare.
That’s because parting with a home falls into the “major life change” category. Cue the second-guessing, polling all friends and family for opinions, obsessive list-making and mentally running through all scenarios as soon as your head hits the pillow. If you feel like this describes how you feel about parting with your home, it’s time to take a deep breath and consider the signs life has been throwing your way. Here’s how to know if it’s time to sell, refinance, or ...
Friday, February 15, 2019 / by Lisa Sevajian
It's easy to get overwhelmed with a milelong to-do list once you finally decide to list your home for sale... but we don't want anything to slip through the cracks during the preparation process! This week, we decided to feature a few of the (less obvious) and most commonly overlooked seller tasks.
Focus on Staging
Has your furniture been arranged the same way since you moved into your home several years ago? You may be comfortable with the current setup (after all, it was functional for you and your family) but it may not be the best way to showcase your space from a buyer's perspective.
First things first: Eliminate or store away any bulky furniture from the living room, kitchen and master bedroom since they are the most important rooms to consider. Then position couches, chairs and tables in a way that creates as much open space as possible.
It also goes without saying that you will need to take some time to declutter, deep clean and de ...
Tuesday, February 12, 2019 / by Lisa Sevajian
In the days of KonMari and Hygge along with so many other methods to keep your home tidy on Pinterest, it can be easy to get lost and end up with your home being messier than before.
Take a page out of this couple’s book who stopped doing only 4 things and finally achieved the zen, tidy space they were after.
Spoiler alert: It only takes a few minutes each day.
| Play video |
How to Hikidashi
KonMari Folding Method
Letting the Laundry Pile Up
Raise your hand if you have a chair where all of your laundry goes...
Letting your laundry pile up is one of the best ways to ruin your tidiness. If you start by not putting away one shirt in the morning it's easy to let yourself pile your clothes throughout the week and then move onto leaving a full-fledged laundry basket untouched. Try the Konmari Method style of folding clothes that allows you organize drawers like a pro.
If your goal is a tidy home, break y ...
Friday, February 08, 2019 / by Lisa Sevajian
With such low inventory and sales being tougher than ever it's easy to doubt whether you are at the right place. The market is changing, rates are rising. These components don't make the work we do "easier".
Yet many are thriving, growing, increasing their reach and their goals, breaking their personal records and creating legacy careers. Wondering how they are doing it? The secret is probably in their environment, their systems and their education.
For some agents the best possible thing they can do for themselves, their families and their business is make a move to someplace more engaged in their growth. For others the answer may be that they need to focus more on what they do & when they do it. Their hurdles may be completely their own and a move won't change them.
Before you go out seeking greener grass ask yourself a few questions....
Is your broker/manager/team leader your biggest fan? Do you feel respected, appreciated and valued ? If not what co ...
Saturday, February 02, 2019 / by Lisa Sevajian
Will Your Side Hustle Buy You A House This Year?
A vacation? Pay for your wedding? Buy you a new car? Pay tuition for your kids?
There are many different approaches to saving money you need to live comfortably. Most Millennials (69% according to a study) saved directly from their paychecks. The remaining 31% percent of Millennials saved in a variety of ways, including picking up a second job, taking money from their 401K early, or selling cryptocurrency.
To some, this is a crazy statistic. The remaining question is, will having a "Side Hustle" allow you to save up for a down payment on a home?
According to our friends at Bankrate nearly 40 percent of Americans have an extra job and the average side gig brings in $686 per month. BUT I see people earning much, much more when they come to me to buy a home. I know some side hustling execs who earn enough to leave their "real jobs" and go all in to their chosen new industry without batting an eyelash. ...